Tuesday, August 2, 2011

grape expectations

In 2006, Lindsey and I vacationed in France and went on an amazing adventure through Paris, Bordeaux and Nice. Naturally, we each brought back wine as a souvenir and I stored my 3 bottles away for a special occasion.

- I took a new job within the company in 2008. No wine.
- Keith and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary in 2008. No wine.
- Tate was born in 2009. No wine.
- Brady was born in 2011. No wine.

It recently occurred to me that if promotions, milestone anniversaries and the births of our children are not special enough occasions, than I clearly don't know what qualifies.

So, tonight, I pulled one of the bottles out of the cabinet and celebrated successfully getting both kids to bed on a random Tuesday evening.

And you know what? It was disgusting.























(I'm sure there's a moral here...what is it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment