Thursday, August 4, 2011

the family bed

"Keep your words soft and sweet in case you have to eat them."

It's true. For those of you who have openly admitted that your child sleeps in your bed, I have scoffed. I have judged. I have peered down at my perfect and precious toddler while he slept soundly in his own bed from my very, very tall parenting pedestal and told myself that would never happen to me.

That is, until my perfect and precious toddler turned me into a liar. And a hypocrite.

Because, you see, the Golden household has been sharing a "family bed" now for weeks on end. Let me show you how it works.

This is our bed.





















This is our bed with it's usual occupants. Notice the human/cat surface area percentages.





















And this is what our bed now looks like. You may notice some variations in the surface area percentages.





















I'm sure this is just a temporary phase. I mean, I don't know any teenagers who still sleep in the same bed with their parents. (right?!?!?)

So, I guess in the meantime, I'll just be laying here...wide awake....eating my words...with a knee in my ribs and an elbow in my eye.

P.S. Dear Brady, don't get any ideas. Love, Mom

1 comment: