Thursday, June 9, 2011

before I forget...

We've had an influx of cute Tate conversations that I need to document before I forget them...

Number confusion
"I want one!! Two, three, four, five." and "I want to go, too! Three, four, five, six."

Do thith
All day long, I'm instructed by Tate to "mommy, do thith" and then he shows me what he wants me to do. He can say his S's just fine, but for some reason he says the word "this" with a lisp.

Outsmarted
Tate woke me up at 5am in SSI and wanted to watch a movie. I told him no and got into bed with him to help him go back to sleep. He wouldn't stay in bed and tried to leave the room a few times, but I held firm and wouldn't get up with him. He left the room one time and stood in the hall for a few minutes and then came running back in to tell me that Brady was crying and that I needed to check on him. I totally fell for it. After checking on Brady...
Me: "Tate, Brady's not crying!"
Tate: "I know." (smiling)

He also told my mom that she had dirt on the back of her pants (she didn't) and then said "got you!"


Tate: Whoo whoo whoo, the firetruck is coming!
Me: Why is the firetruck coming?
Tate: To help Nana.
Me: What's wrong with Nana?
Tate: She's crying and crying.
(Of course, he made all of this up)

Conversation with my Uncle David
David: So, Tate, what are your plans for college? Have you considered your future? You know, there are stocks and there are bonds and it's important that you diversify...(this went on for a while while Tate listened very intently)
Nana: "Tate, what is he talking about?"
Tate: Shrugging his shoulders..."I don't know!"

Other current phrases:
"C'mon, I'll show you."
"What's that?" (points and wants to know what everything is all day long)
"Mommy, what are you talking about?"
"I want snaaaacks" (whines about fruit snacks at least once a day)
"Play baseball me?"
"Whatta you have?" (meaning, what are you wearing or what are you holding?)
"What is that sound?"
"I coming!"
"I be right back"

No comments:

Post a Comment