Monday, November 8, 2010

night-night

While Keith was in Birmingham this weekend, Tate and I spent the night with my friend Allison, whose husband was also out of town. Tate is usually pretty easy when it comes to bedtime, but he was understandably a little apprehensive about sleeping somewhere new. After several attempts to get him to sleep in the pack-n-play, I finally relented and allowed him to get into bed with me....albeit, with just a diaper and no pajama pants due to an earlier incident. (this is important later.)

He was so happy to snuggle with me, but tossed and turned and asked for "more bottle" twice (water) and babbled and babbled and babbled. At one point, I turned to him and said, "Tate, you need to go to sleep. It's time for night-night", and then kissed him on the forehead. He responded with "mommy...you night-night!" and kissed my forehead. My sweet boy. Even the fact that we woke up just a few short hours later both soaked in baby urine couldn't wipe the smile from my face.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment