Thursday, August 18, 2011

look what I can do

I told Tate this week that I wanted him to just stay little forever. His response:

"No Mommy. I get big and play baseball. I hit the ball, and run, and slide, and ride on the bus, and you say 'goooo Tate!' I not stay little."

Me: "Well, ok then. But, you'll always be my baby no matter how big you get. Ok?"
Tate: "Ok. And you be MY baby, too."

And, since we got all of that figured out, he decided to do a lot of growing up this week. New accomplishments include:


  • Going to the potty at school! He's been going 3-4 times per day at school and going regularly at home now, too. I take off his diaper at home and put on his Toy Story underwear. I told Keith that this is it and I'm not buying any more diapers (except for nighttime) once we run out. Wish us luck!

  • Somersaults. We showed him how to do one a few weeks ago and helped him over a few times. Randomly last night, he said, "watch me!" and did it perfectly by himself.

  • Brushing with toothpaste. For 2 nights in a row, we've had a spitting lesson at the kitchen sink and then I've let him have just a dot of toothpaste for brushing. He likes the spitting part and asked me this morning when he woke up if he could come spit in the kitchen. Hopefully, he's not spitting everywhere at school today.

I'm enjoying my little boys more than I ever could have imagined. Too bad they refuse to stay little....

No comments:

Post a Comment