Monday, February 28, 2011

homecoming

After three nights on my own, I was very happy to have my boys back home yesterday. They had a great time in St. Simons and you can check out the highlights from their trip on my mom's blog.

My weekend consisted of a mani/pedi, lots of shopping, catching up with friends, printing invitations for Tate's 2nd birthday party, a wedding shower, sleeping until 9am on Sat and Sun, and an afternoon of cleaning the house without anyone following behind me and "uncleaning". It was great to have some time to myself, especially with Brady's pending arrival, but all weekend the house seemed too quiet.

All is now right in the world....

While I made dinner last night, my sous chef "cooked" some yogurt and fed his elf, and then he and Keith went for a short bike ride around the neighborhood to try out the new bike trailer (Tate yelled "Bye, Mommyyyyyy!" all the way down the street). We played with the cats, talked to Brady, read some books and he was in bed by 7:30pm. We have our usual bedtime routine of hugs and kisses, but he was sweet and asked for extra kisses last night. Love that boy...

1 comment:

  1. So cute your mom has a blog. I think my mom's friends just used mine and never leave evidence that they are there! Glad your boys are home and you got some things done. And, I know what you mean about the quiet!

    ReplyDelete