Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"my life in piles" - a haiku

Piles of stuff on the
Counter, bed, desk and sink. Big
Sigh, slowly exhale.

These need to be paid,
Those to be shredded. Poor trees
Died to be junk mail.

Those clothes are dirty,
That pile is clean, I think. Sniff,
Sniff....hmm, maybe not.

That needs to be wrapped,
Those don't fit. Where's the receipt
for the pants I bought?

Notebooks from work saved
In case my boss asks what we
Discussed in July.

Piles of Cheerio
Crumbs on the rug. Hard to see,
But bare feet don't lie.

This pile goes upstairs,
That stuff goes down. A trip to
Goodwill for the rest.

Toys to your knees, piles
Of leaves in the yard, poo from
A dog I detest.

Dishes from dinner
Left in the sink, it's your turn -
Remember? I cooked.

Discarded clothes strewn
On the floor. Close the door, please,
So no one will look.

Magazines to read,
Long lists of "to do's",
And piles of thoughts in my head.

These things can wait, my
Family cannot, so I'll pile
Them with love instead.

(Note: Haikus, by definition, don't rhyme. Mine does. So there.)

1 comment: